American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning
| American Standard manufacturers air conditioners and other HVAC equipment mainly for residential but American Standard also makes light commercial HVAC equipment. American Standard air conditioners range in efficiency level from 13 SEER to 21 SEER giving the American Standard air conditioner one of the highest efficiency ratings in the HVAC industry for air conditioners. American Standard air conditioners also come in a variety of configurations from the standard split system air conditioner to the package unit air conditioner with either gas heat or in the heat pump configuration. Some features of various American Standard air conditioners are:
- American Standard air conditioner top of the line model has the ability to communicate to the homeowner or technician if there is a problem or if a setting needs to be changed remotely.
- Two compressors provide two-stage cooling for the high-efficiency models
- Energy star rating for select American Standard air conditioner models
- American Standard Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 92%
- American Standard Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 84%
- American Standard Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93%
- Overall American Standard Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85%
American Standard Top SEER Model
Always remember to register the warranty as soon as possible after the installation is completed by the contractor.
- Select American Standard air conditioners use variable speed motors in the indoor unit and the outdoor unit
- Spine fin coils for most American Standard condensing unit coils
- Durable and rugged cabinet protects the coils for long life
Questions for the Salesman:
- Is multi-staged cooling modulating? How many stages? Please explain?
- Does American Standard offer an extended parts and labor warranty? If you are purchasing a top of line model then I would want this………….notice I said parts and LABOR. These top of the line units have bells and whistles and can be challenging to troubleshoot even for the best technicians.
American became Tappan Air Conditioning division in 1972. American-Standard purchased the Trane Company in 1984. American-Standards name revived in 1988. American Standard is based out of Tyler, Texas and they produce air conditioning and heating equipment along with other products for the home. In 2008 American Standard was acquired by Ingersoll-Rand along with American Standards sister company Trane.